HRS Travel Scholarships
HRS strives to facilitate the participation of early-career electrophysiologists and fellow heart rhythm professionals in the activities of the global EP community, particularly the Society's annual meeting. To provide financial support to early-career individuals interested in attending Heart Rhythm 2023, HRS offers travel scholarships, which include complimentary registration to Heart Rhythm 2023 and $1,500 to help cover travel costs.
HRS Travel Scholarships seek to:
- Introduce healthcare professionals who have expressed an interest in electrophysiology to the multiple facets of the electrophysiology specialty
- Promote and sustain collaborative relationships between early-career professionals and experienced electrophysiology professionals
- Provide opportunities for the mentoring of clinicians, scientists, and healthcare professionals early in their training
- Third-year residents
- Cardiology and clinical cardiac electrophysiology fellows
- Post-doctoral researchers or experienced pre-doctoral students interested in pursuing electrophysiology research in academic settings or private practice
- Licensed RNs, PAs, NPs, or technicians employed in an accredited institution or established cardiac electrophysiology program/practice
- Genetic counselors with a master’s degree in genetic counseling from an ACGC accredited program or employed in an accredited institution or established cardiac electrophysiology program/practice
- HRS members will receive priority over nonmembers, but membership is NOT required. Learn more about becoming a member of the Heart Rhythm Society today.
Please note: Individuals who have received a travel scholarship within the last two years are NOT eligible.
In addition to completing the questionnaire, please submit:
- Sponsor/Supervisor Statement (letter of recommendation)
- 300-word essay describing your career plans in cardiac electrophysiology and how attending Heart Rhythm Society 2023 will impact your career.
Application Review Process
The HRS Travel Scholarship Working Group reviews all scholarship applications and select qualifying individuals to receive awards. The final number of awarded scholarships is contingent upon individual donations and abstract submission fees. All travel scholarship funds are derived from non-commercial sources.