HRS Travel Scholarships
HRS strives to facilitate the participation of early-career electrophysiologists and fellow heart rhythm professionals in the activities of the global EP community, particularly the Society's annual meeting. To provide financial support to early-career individuals interested in attending Heart Rhythm 2021, HRS offers travel scholarships, which include complimentary registration to Heart Rhythm 2021 and $1,500 to help cover travel costs.
Application Submission Site Now Closed
Scholarships will be announced on or before May 17, 2021.
HRS Travel Scholarships seek to:
- Introduce healthcare professionals who have expressed an interest in electrophysiology to the multiple facets of the electrophysiology specialty
- Promote and sustain collaborative relationships between early-career professionals and experienced electrophysiology professionals
- Provide opportunities for the mentoring of clinicians, scientists, and healthcare professionals early in their training
- Third-year residents
- Cardiology and clinical cardiac electrophysiology fellows
- Post-doctoral researchers interested in pursuing electrophysiology research in academic settings or private practice
- Licensed RNs, PAs, NPs, or technicians employed in an accredited institution or established cardiac electrophysiology program/practice
- Genetic counselors with a master’s degree in genetic counseling from an ACGC accredited program or employed in an accredited institution or established cardiac electrophysiology program/practice
- HRS members will receive priority over nonmembers, but membership is NOT required. Learn more about becoming a member of the Heart Rhythm Society today.
Please note: Individuals who have received a travel scholarship within the last two years are NOT eligible.
- March 26, 2021: Application Submission Site Opens
- April 23, 2021: Application Submission Site Closes (or when HRS receives 250 applications)
- May 17, 2021: Scholarship Recipients Announced
Application Review Process
The HRS Travel Scholarship Working Group will review all scholarship applications and select qualifying individuals to receive awards. The final number of awarded scholarships is contingent upon funding obtained through individual donations and abstract submission fees. All travel scholarship funds are derived from non-commercial sources.