HRS Travel Scholarships
Application Submission Site Now Closed
Thank you for your interest. The deadline to submit applications was on January 20, 2023. Scholarships will be announced on or before February 24, 2023.
About the Scholarships
HRS strives to facilitate the participation of early-career electrophysiologists and fellow heart rhythm professionals in the activities of the global EP community, particularly the Society's annual meeting. To this end, HRS developed HRS Travel Scholarships to:
- Introduce healthcare professionals who have expressed an interest in electrophysiology to the multiple facets of the electrophysiology specialty
- Promote and sustain collaborative relationships between early-career professionals and experienced electrophysiology professionals
- Provide opportunities for the mentoring of clinicians, scientists, and healthcare professionals early in their training
HRS is pleased to offer HRS Travel Scholarships again for Heart Rhythm 2023, which include complimentary registration and $1,500 to help cover travel costs.
To begin a new application, click the button above and select "Create New Submission" in the sidebar on the left-hand side of the page. Select "Award & Scholarship Applications".
To access your application that is in progress or already submitted, scroll to the bottom of the View Submissions page.
- Third-year residents
- Cardiology and clinical cardiac electrophysiology fellows
- Post-doctoral researchers or experienced pre-doctoral students interested in pursuing electrophysiology research in academic settings or private practice
- Licensed RNs, PAs, NPs, or technicians employed in an accredited institution or established cardiac electrophysiology program/practice
- Genetic counselors with a master’s degree in genetic counseling from an ACGC-accredited program or employed in an accredited institution or established cardiac electrophysiology program/practice
- HRS members will receive priority over nonmembers, but membership is NOT required. Learn more about becoming a member of the Heart Rhythm Society today.
Please note: Individuals who have received a travel scholarship within the last two years are NOT eligible.
In addition to completing the questionnaire, please submit the following:
- Sponsor/Supervisor Statement (letter of recommendation)
- 250-word essay describing your career plans in cardiac electrophysiology and how attending Heart Rhythm Society 2023 will impact your career.
Application Review Process
The application site will open on January 3, 2023, and close on January 20, 2023. Scholarships will be announced on or before February 24, 2023.
The HRS Travel Scholarship Working Group reviews all scholarship applications and selects qualifying individuals to receive awards. The final number of awarded scholarships is contingent upon individual donations and abstract submission fees. All travel scholarship funds are derived from non-commercial sources.