Faculty Engagement Plan
Faculty participants are essential to our meeting; we empower them by providing information and resources to be utilized during their preparation for their role(s). Download the Faculty Engagement Plan to view an illustration of your responsibilities as a faculty participant.
The Faculty Engagement Plan can be used by new and senior faculty participants to collaborate and prepare for #HRS2021!
The following information is provided to help guide you through your #HRS2021 experience as Faculty.
Update Your HRS Account Contact Info
It's always a good idea to make sure that your HRS account contact information is current. This is especially important when preparing to participate as faculty for HRS2021.Take a few moments to update your profile information in your HRS Account. At a minimum, update your first name, last name, title, degrees and certifications, organization. How you are listed in your HRS account feeds how your information will appear in the online planner, mobile app, and the virtual meeting platform.
Upload Your HRS2021 Professional Headshot
Don't forget to upload your professional headshot into the Heart Rhythm 2021 Tasks Management Portal (TMP) so that your photo will automatically display in the online planner, the mobile app, and the event technology platform.
Instructions for uploading your professional headshot:
- Visit your Heart Rhythm 2021 Tasks Management Portal (TMP). You will be asked to login using your HRS account credentials.
- After login, you will see your name on the top right corner of the TMP.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to your name and select “Profile”.
- One the left side of the screen, click the photo icon and follow the instructions to complete. Photos must follow these specifications:
Format: .png or .jpg
Image Size: max 160px x 160px
File Size: 25kb
Download the Official HRS2021 PowerPoint Templates
PowerPoint Presentation Size Requirement
Please be sure that when preparing your PowerPoint slides your file sizes are 16x9 to accommodate the room screen size (In Person delivery) and/or the event technology platform (Virtual delivery). The following templates are provided to assist you with preparing your presentation.
Download Heart Rhythm 2021 PowerPoint Templates
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your PowerPoint presentation is compatible with Windows Office 2003 or Office 2007. Faculty will not be able to use an Apple device during their presentation(s).
Prepare Your HRS2021 Presentation
Whether your are a seasoned speaker or this is your first time presenting, consider these presentation pointers for a dynamic scientific presentation1. Read the full article for more information.
Presentation Pointers: Content
- Know your audience.
- Tell audience members up front why they should care and what’s in it for them.
- Convey your excitement.
- Tell your story.
- Keep it simple.
Presentation Pointers: You
- Set the stage.
- Get ready to perform.
- Stride up to the podium.
- Stand tall and keep your chest lifted.
- Speak up.
- Take your time.
- Talk to the audience, not the screen.
- Stick to your time frame.
- Don’t drift off at the end.
Six dos and don’ts of PowerPoint slides
- Less is more.
- Create sections.
- Avoid clutter.
- Make it readable.
- Use visuals.
- Check your spelling.
1From Larkin, M. How to give a dynamic scientific presentation: Convey your ideas and enthusiasm – and avoid the pitfalls that put audiences to sleep. August 4, 2015. Accessed April 5, 2021. https://www.elsevier.com/connect/how-to-give-a-dynamic-scientific-presentation
Read the full article for more information.
Recording Your Presentation - Virtual/On Demand Faculty Only
Before Recording Your Presentation
- Connect with the other speakers and chairs in your session. Their information can be found in the HRS2021 Task Management Portal along with contact information, which you can view by clicking into each session you have accepted. Collaboration between session chairs and speakers provides an opportunity to delve deeply into the subject matter and explore all angles.
- Download the official HRS2021 PowerPoint templates to use for your presentation.
- Virtual/On Demand presenters should set up the presentation so that the disclosure slide is placed as the first slide in the presentation.
Virtual/On Demand Speakers have 2 options to record and submit presentations:
Option 1: Schedule an Appointment with Freeman to Record
- Take advantage of the HRS2021 professional recording services by scheduling recording time with Freeman, the HRS2021 Online Event Platform provider.
- Recordings can be scheduled the week of May 10, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:45 PM Eastern Time.
- Upload your PPT file via Orchestrate, the HRS2021 event technology platform, 72 hours in advance of your scheduled recording.
- After your presentation is recorded with Freeman, you are all set! Freeman will upload your recording back into Orchestrate so that HRS may begin the CME content approval process.
Option 2: Submitting Your Presentation on Own
- Under this option, the deadline to submit your presentation is May 19.
- Upload your presentation via Orchestrate, the HRS2021 event technology platform.
- Check your email for a communication containing your login information and password for Orchestrate.
- Final file format must be submitted as an MP4 file.
Tips for Recording Your Presentation
- Use a microphone and test audio before recording. Wired headsets will generally produce the best quality audio and pickup less ambient noise.
- Record your presentation from a quiet location.
- Practice your presentation and recording beforehand.
- Be mindful of lighting. Try practicing with different lighting to find the best effect.
- When you are ready to record, open your slides in full screen mode.
FOR EXAMPLE: If using Microsoft PowerPoint, give your presentation in “Slide Show” mode.
- Begin your presentation on your disclosure slide, which should be the first slide of your presentation. A brief pause in between slide transitions may be needed with some recording applications below.
- Refer to these Speaker Resources for perfecting your presentation:
Get Social and Share Your Excitement for HRS2021
Get social and share your excitement about Heart Rhythm 2021! Download and post the “I'm presenting” badge on social media. Feel free to use the pre-written tweet and social media post copy below and be sure to tag the Heart Rhythm Society by including #HRS2021.
Tweet: It's confirmed — I'm attending Heart Rhythm 2021! Looking forward to learning from the brightest minds in #EPeeps around the world and reconnecting with colleagues. Also excited about this year's new hybrid format! HeartRhythm.com. #HRS2021 @HRSonline
Social Media Post: It's confirmed — I'm attending Heart Rhythm 2021! Looking forward to learning from the brightest minds in #EPeeps around the world and reconnecting with colleagues. Also excited about this year's new hybrid format! See for yourself at HeartRhythm.com. #HRS2021 #GlobalEP
New this year: All posters at Heart Rhythm 2021 will be presented digitally!
Heart Rhythm 2021 Abstract Catalog
All Abstract Presenters (Oral Abstract, Poster Session) should upload an ePoster/abstract presentation, including five minutes of narrated commentary by the author/presenter. Attendees will be able to peruse the Abstract Catalog and listen to presentations, thus enhancing their understanding of your research. This catalog will be available to all Heart Rhythm 2021 attendees after the embargo on accepted abstracts is lifted on Tuesday, July 27 at 5:00 PM ET. Your accepted abstract will also appear in a supplement to the August Heart Rhythm Journal.
Abstract Pavilion in Boston
New this year: Abstract Presenters will be assigned a 10-minute time slot within one of five Poster Sessions held in the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. Your digital poster will be displayed on one of sixteen presentation pods, each featuring a 60” inch monitor. Pods will be positioned in compliance with COVID-19 safety protocols to allow for social distancing. Presenters should prepare a five-minute scientific presentation and allow for five minutes of Q&A.
*Electronic Poster Guidelines: To prevent distortion and enhance readability, please upload your presentation in landscape format with a 16:9 ratio.
Download the HRS2021 Mobile App
Download the mobile app by searching for HRS2021 in your app store. To begin building your schedule, login to the mobile app using your Badge ID and last name. Your badge ID can be found on your registration confirmation.
Register for HRS2021
Register for Heart Rhythm 2021. All presenters and chairs are required to register. Faculty enjoy a 75% discount off their registration fees; Abstract Presenters receive a 50% discount. Please be sure to select the "In-Person+Virtual" option if you plan to join us in Boston, regardless of if you are a virtual presenter or an in-person presenter.
The Heart Rhythm 2021 Abstract Submission Site is now closed. Notifications will be sent April 9, 2021. Accepted submissions will be published in a supplement in the Heart Rhythm Journal.
Notifications will be sent April 9, 2021. To withdraw an abstract from Heart Rhythm 2021, the Presenting Author must submit a request in writing to abstracts@HRSonline.org by April 23, 2021, 11:59 PM ET.
Accepted abstracts are embargoed until 5:00 PM ET on Tuesday, July 27, 2021. This means that information regarding any abstract submission may not be released before this time. Failure to honor embargo policies will result in the abstract being withdrawn and barred from presentation.
HRS is committed to upholding the highest ethical values and encouraging professional and principled behavior by its staff and volunteers. As part of this commitment to transparency and accountability, and to attain the highest standards of excellence, HRS requires the disclosure of relationships to maintain independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all activities.