What to Know Before You Go
On behalf of the Program Committee, we hope you are as excited as we are to come together in person and online after a year apart for the global exchange of game-changing science and innovations — all in pursuit of our collective mission to end death and suffering due to heart rhythm disorders.
Please review the important event details, useful tips, and planning considerations below before the meeting.
Official Meeting Venue
New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center (MCCNO) (Halls A-D)
900 Convention Center Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70130
New Orleans is located in the Central Time Zone (UTC-06:00).
The start of Summer in the South is warm! May temperatures in New Orleans range from the mid-60s to the upper 80s degrees Fahrenheit (15.5-32 Celsius), and daily rain showers are common.
What to Pack
Attendees are encouraged to dress business casual with comfortable shoes. Convention centers are often chilly, so a sweater or light jacket is also recommended. If you plan to explore the city, pack a rain jacket, comfortable shoes, sunglasses, and light clothing.
HRS no longer requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination to attend, exhibit, or otherwise be present at in-person HRS meetings or events. However, the Society strongly encourages participants to follow guidance from the CDC to reduce COVID-19 infection and protect against severe complications, which includes receiving the updated bivalent vaccine as soon as they are eligible.
A limited number of masks will be available in the EPicenter — stop by to pick one up while supplies last.
Finding Your Way Around
The Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) is located just 25 minutes from the MCCNO. Getting around the city of New Orleans is also easy, with a variety of transportation options, including bike rentals, buses, ferries, streetcars, pedicabs, taxis, limo services, and rideshares.
HRS is pleased to coordinate shuttle services for attendees every 15-20 minutes from select hotels to the MCCNO.
Drop-Off Location: MCCNO Shuttle Hub in front of Hall G
Schedule: Please note that the start time is the first pick-up at the boarding location, and the end time is the last drop-off.
|Friday, May 19, 2023||7:00 AM - 6:30 PM|
|Saturday, May 20, 2023||7:00 AM - 5:30 PM|
|Sunday, May 21, 2023||7:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Route #1||Boarding Location|
|Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Ave||On Poydras St. at St. Charles Ave|
|InterContinental New Orleans||On Poydras St. at St. Charles Ave|
|JW Marriott New Orleans||At Sheraton New Orleans|
|Sheraton New Orleans||Curbside on Canal St.|
|Route #2||Boarding Location|
|New Orleans Marriott||Curbside on Canal St.|
|DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans||On Tchoupitoulas St., across from hotel|
|voco St. James Hotel||At DoubleTree Hotel New Orleans|
|Westin New Orleans||Iberville St. Entrance|
Luggage and Coat Check
Luggage and coat checks will be available onsite in the (MCCNO).
Location: Hall A, MCCNO
|Thursday, May 18, 2023||11:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Friday, May 19, 2023||7:00 AM - 6:30 PM|
|Saturday, May 20, 2023||7:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Sunday, May 21, 2023||7:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Lost & Found
If you misplace anything in the convention center, please check with the HRS Headquarters office in the Convention Center.
Location: Room 224, MCCNO
|Thursday, May 18, 2023||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Friday, May 19, 2023||7:30 AM - 6:30 PM|
|Saturday, May 20, 2023||7:30 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Sunday, May 21, 2023||7:30 AM - 5:00 PM|
Travel Safety Tips
Stay safe during your time in New Orleans by following these simple guidelines:
- Text NOLAREADY to 77295 for local safety alerts from the New Orleans Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness' (NOHSEP).
- Do NOT wear your name badge outside of the convention center. Take your badge and lanyard off when leaving the convention center, and keep it in a pocket or purse until you arrive in the building each day. Conference badges/lanyards are prominent indicators that you are from out of town, which may make you an easy target.
- Do NOT carry your passport or excess cash with you once you have checked in. Use the safe provided in your hotel room to secure these items so that if you are a victim of a crime, you can mitigate your losses.
- Be observant of your environment. Use well-lit streets and areas that feel safe. Select routes that are the shortest distance between your hotel and destination while avoiding any deserted areas. Ask the hotel front desk or doorman about any areas to avoid.
- Do NOT draw attention to yourself. Choose inconspicuous clothing, be discreet when looking at maps, and approach people carefully if you need to ask for directions. Do not respond to requests for assistance from people on the street. These are often ploys by pick-pocketers to distract you.
- Avoid traveling by yourself. There is safety in numbers — travel in pairs or groups.
Give Back to New Orleans
#HRS2023 Social Responsibility Partners: Women With A Vision & Lift Louisiana
Charged with positively impacting the annual meeting's host city of New Orleans, the #HRS2023 Social Responsibility Task Force has identified two local organizations that support women’s safe access to medical care and personal health choices: Women With A Vision (WWAV) and Lift Louisiana. Find out more about how these organizations are making a difference in New Orleans, and consider donating today.
Unity of Greater New Orleans
HRS has purchased furnishings to utilize during the meeting in various lounge areas. HRS will donate this furniture to Unity of Greater New Orleans, a local organization working to end homelessness in the New Orleans area.
Registration & Check-In
Onsite Registration Location
Primary Attendee Check-In: Mosaic Room, MCCNO (enter the convention center on the corner of Julia Street and Convention Center Boulevard)
Satellite Self-Service Express Check-In (Available Friday Only): Hall D Lobby, MCCNO (enter the convention center from the Shuttle drop-off location at the Shuttle Hub in front of Hall G)
Onsite Registration Hours
HRS recommends attendees check in early on Thursday, May 18, 2023, to avoid the rush.
|Thursday, May 18, 2023||Primary Check-In: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM|
|Friday, May 19, 2023||Primary Check-In: 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Satellite Check-In: 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
|Saturday, May 20, 2023||Primary Check-In: 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM|
|Sunday, May 21, 2023||Primary Check-In: 7:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
Self-Service Express Check-In
Save time and use the Self-Service Express Check-In kiosks in the registration area. Simply scan the unique bar code from your registration confirmation email to print out your name badge.
Your name badge is required for admission to all #HRS2023 activities and events (no exceptions). If you lose or lose your name badge, HRS can print a replacement for a $100 fee.
Events & Education that Require Registration and/or Tickets
Some #HRS2023 events and activities have additional fees, limited seating, and/or require separate registration for entry.
Click on the events below to learn more and find individual registration links:
- Industry Pre-Conference Education Day
- Official Educational Satellite Symposia
- Hands-On Learning Fellows Courses
Click on the events below to learn more. To RSVP for these events, please log in to the Registration Portal and edit the Add-Ons section of your attendee record.
Tools to Navigate the Meeting
Online Planner & Mobile App
The Heart Rhythm 2023 Online Planner and Mobile App, sponsored by Boston Scientific, will be your go-to resource on the go! With these helpful tools, you can:
- Browse 200+ sessions by topic, session type, practice area, date/time, featured speakers, and ACE/MOC eligibility.
- Access the #HRS2023 Abstract Catalog, showcasing thousands of groundbreaking abstracts (available starting May 18, 2023).
- View the most update-to-date listing of exhibiting companies with supplemental information and links to their products presented in the Exhibit Hall.
- Build a personalized itinerary (login required).
- Flag your favorite sessions (login required).
- Flag attended sessions for credit claiming (login required).
- Find livestreaming and on-demand links to watch sessions on the #HRS2023 Online Platform (login required).
- Participate in live Q&A with speakers (login required).
Prefer a Hard Copy Program?
Program-at-a-Glance & Industry Education Guide
Pick up a Program-at-a-Glance and Industry Education Guide onsite in the Registration Area or EPicenter for helpful information, such as:
- Daily snapshots of activities and events
- Convention center maps
- Accreditation information
- Step-by-step credit-claiming process
- Exhibit Hall hours, floorplan, and list of exhibiting companies
- Networking lounges
- Industry education, products, and events
Downloadable Program PDF
Please note that the Program-at-a-Glance does NOT include a comprehensive schedule of educational programming. If you prefer a detailed hard copy program (i.e., with individual sessions with start/stop times, location, session category, session type, etc.), please download and print the full program in advance of your departure.
How to Navigate the Meeting
Using the Online Planner & Mobile App
- Log in to the Online Planner or Mobile App using your HRS Profile username and password.
- To find livestreaming and/or on-demand sessions in the Online Planner or Mobile App, use the Type and Delivery search filter:
- In-Person and Livestreamed: Livestreaming sessions broadcast from New Orleans that will then be available on demand within 1 hour of their initial presentation times
- In-Person: Sessions recorded in New Orleans that will be available on demand within 24 hours of their initial presentation times
- In-Person Only: Sessions taking place in New Orleans that will NOT be available via livestream or on demand
- Click/tap on the desired session.
- Click/tap Watch Online underneath the session information, which will take you to the #HRS2023 Online Platform on HeartRhythm365.org (if on desktop) or the HRS365 Mobile App (if on mobile).
Using the #HRS2023 Online Platform
New in 2023, Heart Rhythm 365 will host the #HRS2023 Online Platform,* where attendees may access livestreaming and on-demand content beginning May 19, 2023. To watch sessions online, simply follow the steps below:
- Select Heart Rhythm 2023 Online Meeting to access all livestreaming and recorded content from the meeting.
- If you visit the #HRS2023 Online Platform via a direct link instead of the Online Planner or Mobile App, you can find the Heart Rhythm 2023 Online Meeting by clicking My Courses in the left-hand navigation.
- Click the desired tile to access the content of your choice.
On-demand access to recorded sessions on the #HRS2023 Online Platform will close for registered attendees on December 31, 2023.
*If you are using Heart Rhythm 365 for the first time, you may need to confirm your information for your HRS365 learner account.
In-person and online attendees can expect the most comprehensive educational program for heart rhythm professionals worldwide, with 200+ enlightening sessions and presentations led by 1,500+ expert Faculty and abstract presenters spanning 11 educational categories. Focus on one category or attend sessions on various specialties to expand your knowledge and skills.
Are you a fellow-in-training? Be sure to check out the robust fellows-in-training experience!
Heart Rhythm 2023 has attracted a diverse roster of industry leaders, paving the way for the future of arrhythmia patient care.
Industry Pre-Conference Education Day & Official Educational Satellite Symposia
Industry leaders will present an exciting lineup of certified and non-certified programs throughout Heart Rhythm 2023. Explore complex intracardiac tracings, pacing systems, lead extraction, AF cases, oral anticoagulation therapies, arrhythmia therapy advancements, and coordinating therapies and data for positive patient outcomes.
Brought to you by valued industry partners Abbott, AtriCure, Biosense Webster, Inc., Boston Scientific, Cleveland Clinic, East End Medical, Impulse Dynamics Inc., Medtronic, Philips, and Siemens
Maximize your #HRS2023 experience with thought-leadership presentations in the Rhythm Theaters, exploring topics such as ablation technologies, AI integration, CIED infection management, remote patient monitoring, and live LAAO imaging, just to name a few. Light refreshments will be served.
Brought to you by Abbott, Boston Scientific, CardioFocus, CathVision, Cook Medical, CVRx, Haemonetics®, Implicity Inc., Impulse Dynamics Inc., Philips, ScottCare Cardiovascular Solutions, Volta Medical, and Zio by iRhythm
Hands-On Educational Session
Looking for one-on-one training and demonstrations of the newest technologies and therapies? Update your itinerary with the always-popular Hands-On Educational Session.* This session will take place immediately following the Opening Plenary. Light refreshments will be served.
Brought to you by Abbott, Biosense Webster, Inc., Boston Scientific, CardioFocus, Siemens Healthineers, ZOLL remedē, and ZOLL Itamar
Special Sessions & Events
Latin America Summit 2023
During this special session, speakers from 15 Latin American countries will address the region's unique clinical and health policy challenges, discuss regional policies/guidelines, and explore societal collaborations to identify similarities and differences in the practice and advancement of EP worldwide.
Kick off your #HRS2023 experience with keynote speaker Kalyanam Shivkumar, MD, PhD, FHRS, as he takes attendees on a journey through the history of cardiac EP and introduces the Amara-Yad Project, a physician-led initiative to honor victims of medical exploitation via new open-access anatomic atlases. HRS leadership will also speak along with a few surprise guests!
Shark Tank 2023: Hooking AFib
Don’t miss this exciting competition-based session! Co-hosted by the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) and American Heart Association (AHA), the third annual Shark Tank will feature three EP hopefuls as they pitch their GWTG-AFIB registry research proposals to a panel of HRS and AHA "sharks” in the hopes of turning their idea into an original research project.
Digital Education Sip & Learns
Introducing the Digital Education Sip and Learn Series, a new attendee experience debuting in New Orleans. Enjoy some refreshments while you learn about upcoming Core Concepts in EP product updates and participate as a live studio audience member for special episode recordings of The Beat Webinar Series and The Lead Podcast!
The #HRS2023 Abstract Pavilion will feature the return of traditional paper posters! Head to the Exhibit Hall to peruse 1,100+ poster boards featuring groundbreaking research in the field of EP and engage directly with presenters during regular and moderated poster sessions.
Visit the EPicenter for all your attendee needs. Learn how to navigate the meeting, meet with colleagues, take a break between sessions with morning coffee and late afternoon beer, and unwind with a few fun games. Plus, you can chat with friendly HRS staff to learn more about HRS, including how to donate to support the Society's impactful programs and how joining HRS can help keep you informed and elevate your career.
Check out the Exhibit Hall, which will serve as the ultimate destination for attendees to get up close and personal with the latest products, technologies, and therapies from 120+ of today’s industry leaders. While exploring, enjoy morning coffee and late afternoon beer provided by the Heart Rhythm Society in the Exhibit Hall Oasis booth.
Heart Rhythm TV
Heart Rhythm TV will be in New Orleans, reporting on all the onsite excitement, breaking news, cutting-edge science, and more during Heart Rhythm 2023. Stop by the studio in Lobby B to see the Heart Rhythm TV correspondents in action!
Heart Rhythm VR
Head to Booth 1443 in the Exhibit Hall to demo Heart Rhythm VR, a brand new immersive virtual reality training experience offering a hands-on simulation of an S-ICD procedure, from marking the patient to dressing the incisions post-procedure.
Heart Rhythm Bowl 2023
Heart Rhythm Bowl 2023 is a fun and exciting digital trivia contest designed to test your EP knowledge against the global EP community. Play Friday through Sunday for daily chances to win complimentary registration to Heart Rhythm 2024 in Boston from May 17-19, 2024!
In-person and online attendees may claim up to 125 ACE (formerly CME) credits and MOC points upon completing the required Overall Meeting Evaluation. The deadline to claim credit for attending Heart Rhythm 2023 is December 31, 2023.
Please note that credit is not granted automatically. Registered attendees must claim credit for the specific sessions they attended.