HRS Travel Scholarships
About the Scholarships
HRS strives to facilitate the participation of early-career electrophysiologists and fellow heart rhythm professionals in the activities of the global EP community, particularly the Society's annual meeting. To this end, HRS developed HRS Travel Scholarships to:
- Introduce healthcare professionals who have expressed an interest in electrophysiology to the multiple facets of the electrophysiology specialty
- Promote and sustain collaborative relationships between early-career professionals and experienced electrophysiology professionals
- Provide opportunities for the mentoring of clinicians, scientists, and healthcare professionals early in their training
HRS is pleased to offer HRS Travel Scholarships again for Heart Rhythm 2024, which include complimentary registration and $1,500 to help cover travel costs.
Application Submission Site Now Closed
Scholarships will be announced on or before February 2, 2024.
To begin a new application, click the button above and select "Create New Submission" in the sidebar on the left-hand side of the page. Select "Award & Scholarship Applications".
To access your application that is in progress or already submitted, scroll to the bottom of the View Submissions page.
- Third-year residents
- Cardiology and clinical cardiac electrophysiology fellows
- Post-doctoral researchers or experienced pre-doctoral students interested in pursuing electrophysiology research in academic settings or private practice
- Licensed RNs, PAs, NPs, or technicians employed in an accredited institution or established cardiac electrophysiology program/practice
- Genetic counselors with a master’s degree in genetic counseling from an ACGC-accredited program or employed in an accredited institution or established cardiac electrophysiology program/practice
- HRS members will receive priority over nonmembers, but membership is NOT required. Learn more about becoming a member of the Heart Rhythm Society today.
Please note: Individuals who have received a travel scholarship within the last two years are NOT eligible.
In addition to completing the questionnaire, please submit the following:
- Sponsor/Supervisor Statement (letter of recommendation)
- 250-word statement describing your future goals
- 250-word statement describing how attending Heart Rhythm Society 2024 will impact your career
Application Review Process
The application site will open on December 1, 2023, and close on December 22, 2023. Scholarships will be announced on or before February 2, 2024.
The HRS Travel Scholarship Working Group reviews all scholarship applications and selects qualifying individuals to receive awards. The final number of awarded scholarships is contingent upon individual donations and abstract submission fees. All travel scholarship funds are derived from non-commercial sources.