Heart Rhythm 2022 Volunteer Program
What is the #HRS2022 Volunteer Program?
This program is designed for early-career individuals interested in attending Heart Rhythm 2022 who may not otherwise have the opportunity to do so. HRS will select a team of volunteers who will receive a minimum 50% discount on their Heart Rhythm 2022 registration in exchange for assistance during sessions in San Francisco. Volunteers will be responsible for assisting Moderators, Chairs, and/or Faculty in session rooms, enabling Moderators and Chairs to use the technology in the room more effectively.
What are the responsibilities of being a #HRS2022 Volunteer?
- 45-minute Zoom training attendance the week before the meeting (April 18 - 22)
- 30-minute training attendance before working your one-day shift
- One full day of volunteering onsite at the Moscone Center during the Heart Rhythm 2022 in-person activities from Friday, April 29 to Sunday, May 1
- Includes providing support to Moderators, Chairs, and Faculty in an assigned session room, specifically assisting with the speaker technology tools in the room. Volunteers must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
- Assist and work alongside:
- HRS staff and vendors
- Onsite Logistical Team (your key contact onsite)
- Thought-leaders in the field of EP (who you will be supporting onsite inside the session rooms)
What are the benefits of being a #HRS2022 Volunteer?
- Discounted Registration: Trainee and Allied Professionals members will receive 50% off their registration. Qualified Students will receive complimentary registration
- HRS Gear: Receive an HRS-branded vest or sweatshirt
- Network with Faculty: Provide direct support to faculty and chairs in session rooms – an excellent opportunity to meet today’s leaders in the field
- CME/CE Eligible: Claim CME credits/MOC points for all of the sessions you attend (even on the day you are assisting!) for the session's designated credit hours as you will be in the session room and can engage with the content
Who is eligible to apply?
Eligible applicants must be an HRS Trainee or Allied Professional Member with less than five years' experience OR be a student, intern, or resident who has not yet entered fellowship.
If you are currently a Trainee or an Allied Professional Nonmember, you may apply to the Volunteer Program; however, HRS must receive a membership application for you to remain eligible for acceptance.
- Trainee Membership is complimentary. Learn more here.
- Allied Professional Membership information can be found here.
Individuals receiving awards or scholarships are not eligible to apply.
What is the application timeline?
- December 7: Application Submission Site Opens
- January 30: Application Submission Site Closes *Submission site will close early if maximum submissions are reached before January 30
- February 14: Notifications to Accepted and Declined Applicants Sent
All applicants are limited to one award, scholarship, or discount for Heart Rhythm 2022, including Faculty discounts. Faculty members are welcome to apply to this program, but please note that only one discount will be accepted during registration.