Heart Rhythm 2023 Volunteer Program
Application Submission Site Closed
The application submission deadline has passed.
HRS will email notifications to all applicants by April 3, 2023.
What is the #HRS2023 Volunteer Program?
Through the #HRS2023 Volunteer Program, HRS is pleased to offer early-career individuals who cannot afford registration fees the opportunity to attend Heart Rhythm 2023 in New Orleans.
HRS will carefully select a team of volunteers who will receive a minimum 50% discount on their Heart Rhythm 2023 registration* in exchange for assistance during sessions in New Orleans. Volunteers will be trained in session room technologies to assist presenting Faculty and speakers from around the world.
*Already registered? HRS will automatically refund the discounted portion of your registration fees if you are accepted into the Volunteer Program. If you are NOT registered when accepted, HRS will provide a discount code to apply your discounted registration during checkout.
What are the responsibilities of being a #HRS2023 Volunteer?
- 45-minute Zoom training attendance the week before the meeting (May 8-12, 2023)
- 30-minute training attendance before working your one-day shift
- One full day of volunteering onsite at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center during the Heart Rhythm 2023 in-person activities from Friday, May 19 to Sunday, May 21
- Includes providing support to Moderators, Chairs, and Faculty in an assigned session room, specifically assisting with the speaker technology tools in the room
- Volunteers must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in English
- Assist and work alongside:
- HRS staff and vendors
- Onsite Logistical Team (your key contact onsite)
- Thought leaders in the field of EP (who you will be supporting onsite inside the session rooms)
What are the benefits of being a #HRS2023 Volunteer?
- Discounted Registration:
- Trainee and Allied Professionals members will receive 50% off their registration.
- Qualified Students will receive complimentary registration.
- HRS Gear: Receive an HRS-branded vest or sweatshirt
- Networking Opportunities with Faculty: Provide direct support to Faculty and speakers in session rooms, plus an exclusive Volunteer Program breakfast and reception – all excellent opportunities to meet today’s leaders in the field
- ACE Credits/MOC Points: Claim ACE credits/MOC points for all of the sessions you attend (even on the day you are assisting!) for the session's designated credit hours, as you will be in the session room and can engage with the content.
Who is eligible to apply?
Eligible applicants must be:
- Active HRS Trainee or Allied Professional Member with less than five years of work experience
- Undergraduate, medical school, and graduate students who have not yet entered residency or post-doctorate studies
If you are currently a trainee or allied professional but not an HRS member, you may apply to the Volunteer Program; however, you must submit a membership application prior to applying to the Volunteer Program.
- Trainee membership is complimentary. Learn more here.
- Allied Professional membership information can be found here.
Individuals receiving awards or scholarships are not eligible to apply.
What is the application timeline?
- February 23, 2023: Application Submission Portal Opens
- March 20, 2023: Application Submission Portal Closes
- April 3, 2023: Accepted and Declined Applicant Notifications Sent
All applicants are limited to one award, scholarship, or discount for Heart Rhythm 2023, including Faculty discounts. Faculty members are welcome to apply to this program, but please note that only one discount will be applied to your registration fees.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: #HRS2023 Volunteer Program - Question.