Health & Safety
Updated: April 6, 2021
The health and safety of all Heart Rhythm 2021 attendees, exhibitors, and event support staff is a top priority. For the first time in the 42-year history of the Society’s annual meeting, Heart Rhythm 2021 will be a hybrid experience, thereby allowing each member of the global EP community to participate safely. HRS is hopeful that some of us will be able to convene in person this July, and we will continue to evaluate our planning regularly.
Massachusetts recently announced that fully vaccinated individuals are no longer required to quarantine when visiting the state. The state also announced that anyone over the age of 16 is eligible to receive the vaccine starting April 19, 2021.
To allow for adequate social distancing in Boston, a limited amount of in-person registrations are available. In partnership with the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC), Heart Rhythm 2021 will adhere to all local, state, and CDC regulations and guidelines. The Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) is working with state regulatory agencies to develop safe reopening guidelines. Once established, HRS will implement a plan that adheres to those guidelines.
While health and safety guidelines continue to evolve, HRS will abide by all recommendations in place in July 2021, which may include:
- Required use of masks within the BCEC
- Increased spacing to enable social distancing in all areas of the meeting, including session rooms, Innovation Expo, Abstract Pavilion, lounges, and public spaces
- Smaller capacity meeting rooms with spaced seating and designated entrances and exits to assist with one-way flows
- Plexiglass dividers in between faculty seating on stage
- Increased directional signage within the BCEC to direct attendee traffic
- Additional signage to remind attendees about social distancing, hand-washing, mask requirements, etc.
- Attendee service areas designed to limit contact, plus additional safety measures, such as plexiglass dividers between attendees/check-in attendants
- Additional hand sanitizer stations throughout the BCEC
- Enhanced cleaning schedules within the BCEC and enhanced filtration systems
- Designated onsite medical professionals to assist as needed
- Individually packaged meals in HRS-hosted areas, such as the Speaker Resource Center and Rhythm Theaters
- Designated indoor and outdoor socially distanced areas for eating and drinking, including spaced tables and seating